Sunday, June 2, 2013

Church Folks.

After my Grandma died in 2003 I stopped going to church for a LONG time. I was mad at her. Mad at God. Mad at myself. And the few times I did walk through a church door I felt the stares. I could smell the judgments (I was a young mom after all). But I wonder if any of those Christians realized they were doing more harm than helping? Then I heard this song by Lyfe Jennings and it made me realize I wasn't alone. And I could judge those Christians back BUT I'd be in the same situation as them, so I won't judge YOU know, I'll pray for you. On the other hand, I can have church at my own house, after all it's not about the buidling- it's about the soul and believe me my soul is in the Lord.
 
MADE UP MY MIND: LYFE JENNINGS
 
Lord, they really think they foolin' you, by comin' to church on Sunday...
Prayin' and layin' hands on folks.
Stompin' and jumpin' around, fakin' the Holy Ghost. 
But it's a thin line between walkin' it and talkin' it.

 
And livin' it and givin' it or just pretendin' it's alright.
And did they really think that they could pull the wool over your eyes?
Lord, did they really think that by fakin' they were saved that they would get the same reward?
And Lord who they think they jivin' by singin' these songs full of glory?
Then out in the world it's a different story I'm runnin' out of people to pray for me! And I'm not tryin' to act like I'm the perfect woman
But if you speak about it, you should be about it.
Not just preach about it all day.
 
Cause if you do you run the risk of chasin' some of the most beautiful people away.
 
And it is never my intention to discourage you. 
Rather encourage you to change your life today.

So that maybe thy will, will be done On Earth as it is in Heaven.
&& hopefully they will see How much they really be discouragin' a little old sinner like me. 

No comments: