Monday, October 7, 2013

God Given Gifts

The other day while in the teacher's workroom a teacher asked me if I had ever considered going into counseling. She went on to tell me that she reads my statuses and blogs and it seems like I have a lot to offer people due to the stuff I have been through. Something she said stuck with me " You are going to do great things one day..."

Honestly, I did entertain the idea of counseling my senior year in high school. I said something about it once to a teacher- he mocked me and laughed. After that I never really gave it anymore thought. However she was right. I do have a lot to offer people. I have been through a lot. I haven't always liked to talk about it. For the most part, I kept it to myself. Who would care about the problems little ole me faced? Back then it never crossed my mind that somewhere someone else was going through a similar situation. Truth is, we all go through problems some times. I don't care how much money you have or how many degrees you possess. You may not publically go through it and your close family/friends may not even notice...

It's a very humbling experience when someone approaches you and tells you that you are a good writer and could do so much for others. I've heard many preachers talk about God given gifts and wondered what mine is. Maybe it's my writing. Maybe it's the fact that my shell has been broken and I no longer feel the need to hide or be ashamed of my past. Maybe all of those obstacles I faced was God showing me my TRUE strength. Maybe those things that left me crying in my bed some nights were SUPPOSED to happen so that I can testify to some other soul who feels just as lost as I did. Maybe becoming a single parent was a good thing because look at how hard it pushed me to succeed. Maybe I went through those heartbreaks so that I would be able to tell another girl that life goes on after he leaves. Maybe I didn't get that job because the Lord saw fit that there was something even greater for me.

Sometimes, people hurt so bad that you have to do more than PREACH a message, you have to BE a message to them. If my life is that message, so be it. If something I went through helps someone else not have to go through it, so be it.  I am slowly learning to let God use me to help someone else. No, I can't save the world. But I do believe that I have a purpose to save someone- even just one life. I don't know how or when but I know that with God's grace there is something beautiful blossoming from me, just watch!

No comments: