Monday, March 24, 2014

When God speaks, you'd better listen...

My Grandma Dot had this unwavering faith that I could never understand. When bad things happened she prayed. When she couldn't pay a bill, she prayed. When she was sick, she prayed. As I grew up and had complaints of my own, she would tell me to pray. It would get on my nerves because that wasn't what I wanted to hear. I needed answers and I needed them at that moment. Now as an adult I can finally comprehend that faith. 

Unshakeable.
Unbreakable.
Unstoppable.

FAITH.

There are times that every single thing in my life goes wrong- or so it seems. I find myself in deep though, deep fears, deep tears... deep prayers. God answers prayers in three ways:
yes.
no.
wait.
I have a problem with waiting. We all do. But if there is one that I've learned is that in the midst of the storm, the Lord will send protection. That answer that I thought I needed will come in the form of a bigger blessing, if I wait. I used to tell my grandma that I had these uneasy feelings an she would tell me it was God speaking. I'd get real quiet but I never HEARD his voice. I was waiting for this manly deep voice to come from the skies and tell what I wanted to hear. That voice never came. It's been more of a feeling. But I know that feeling is God telling me what to do. What to say. Right now I'm fighting some demons and I know that if it wasn't for Him, I'd be losing. Some days are harder than others. Some days I wonder if the fight is even worth it. Then I get this feeling of security and I know it's nobody but God telling me "you're gonna make it." He gives his TOUGHEST battles to his STRONGEST soldiers. If He didn't think I could do, He wouldn't have given it to me. I believe in miracles...

You can spend your whole life running from situation to situation but when God speaks, you'd better listen.

No comments: