Friday, December 28, 2012

Good v Evil

So much for posting each day, huh? Eh. Things happen. Things don't happen. Christmas has come and gone. Can't say that I am not happy about that. Christmas has become to commercialized. Instead of celebrating the birth of Jesus, it has become all about toys and electronics. Every time that my son complained about something (like my nephew having more gifts under the tree) I took one of his gifts away and made him tell me what the season was really about. He quickly realized that it's not about the gifts you get but about the ones you give. After all, God GAVE us his ONLY son so that we could go to Him directly to ask for forgiveness. Jesus hung, bled, and DIED for our sins. I'm not sure about anything else in this world but I am sure that no one else would do that for a sin-filled world.

2013 is quickly approaching... I'm not for doing resolutions- they become nothing in a few weeks. However, I am making commitments to myself that I plan on keeping. For instance, I am going to cut back on sodas, until I am off of them completely. I shouldn't drink them at all because my doctor said so. Health issues. I am also going to make myself workout at least twice a week because my asthma is coming back slowly. It hurts to walk up one flight of stairs. The biggest thing would be to stop allowing small things to get me stressed and depressed. I wear my heart on my sleeve so emotionals fly freely. Instead of getting down and out I am going to remember all of the good things. Everytime that something "bad happens" I am going to write it down then burn it. Then I will write something that I am blessed to have in my life and put it in a box. Seems trivial but it's what I am going to do in order to remind myself of my blessings. I also have a Bible app on my phone to read daily to renew my faith each morning and night.

Stay tuned in 2013... I feel great things happening for me!

No comments: