Friday, December 28, 2012

I'm a survivor


I was born 3 months too early, the doctor gave me 30 days.

But I must have had my mama's will &&  God's amazing grace.
I guess I'll keep on livin...  even if this love's to die for.
Cause your bags are packed && I ain't cryin.
Your walkin out && I'm not tryin to change your mind...

I don't believe in self pity,  it only brings you down.
I may be the queen of broken hearts, but I don't hide behind the crown.
When the deck is stacked against I just play a different game.
My roots are planted in the past && though my life is changing fast...

Who I am is who I wanna be.


The baby girl without a chance.
A victim of circumstance.
The one who oughta give up...
But she's just too hard headed.
A single mom who works 2 jobs,
who loves her kid and never stops.
With gentle hands.
And the heart of a fighter.

 I'm a survivor!



No comments: