Saturday, January 5, 2013

Expectations

Its funny how when you're a child you see your entire life and how you want it. You plan your career, who you'll marry, how many children you'll have, what car you'll drive... The house you'll live in with every detail down to the picket fence out front. Never once does it cross your mind that it won't happen that way. Then you grow up. Life happens. Heartache happens. Your best friend let's you down. You realize that the people you thought would always be around are barely there.
Me? I planned on going off to college. Then law school. I was going to get married to my high school sweetheart and never wanted kids. Ever. But he broke my heart. I had a child my senior year in high school. I went to junior college. After working in the criminal justice field a few years I learned that I hate it. Haven't been married nor do I have my dream house...
I have learned that life happens when you're busy making plans. Its out of your hands. People will disappoint you. The ones you least expect are the ones who stick around. And the ones you think will be there are the first to leave. It hurts. But eventually you learn to roll with the punches & start to punch back.

No comments: