Monday, January 14, 2013

RELATIVEly Speaking

"Blood is thicker than water..."
I've heard this quote a million times. Scientifically, it is. Yet usually when a person says this, its about family V friendship. And that's where I would beg to differ. I have plenty of family my members that chose their "friends" over family. I must admit so do I. All in good reason though. Family can be the most judgmental people ever. && the excuse the use is because "I love you". Negative Batman. Love does not judge. Its not envious. It encourages rather than discourages. Don't get me wrong, I love my family... But if I had to chose there'd be a few less rotten apples in the barrel. Friends aren't all that marvelous either. They back stab. They talk about you. They lie. But there's always that ONE friend that no matter his long its been you can pick up where you left off. She or He will have your back despite you being wrong... But they'll tell you about it later!
My entire life has been one big fake smile... Trying to please my family so I wouldn't be a disappointment. But as I look around, I've lost who I wanted to be. In fact, I've disappointed myself. No more of that. For once, I'm doing what makes me happy, no matter how family looks down upon it. Tired of giving in to the normal. I'm different. And that's okay.
"There is a friend that sticks closer than a brother."
-Proverbs 18:24

No comments: