Sunday, January 20, 2013

Single

A lot of relationships fail because one (or both) people begin to "settle". Lack of communication. Trust issues. Or forgetting that a couple is TWO... No more. No less. People rush into a relationship while they are still hurting from their last one. How is that heathly? Oh, I don't have more he answer if that's what you were thinking. I've been there before. I was in love with a person for years... 9 (maybe more) to be exact. After that ended I was hurt. But I picked up the pieces and moved on. Or so I thought. Eventually I learned that it was okay to be alone. Someone once told me that you have to learn to sit in a room by yourself and be okay with it. There's NOTHING wrong with being single. Back then I kept feeling like I was lacking something. Was I not pretty enough? Was I not skinny enough? Did I not put out enough? Looking back, I realize that I was ready to compromise who I was for someone. Somewhere I had lost me. It was a hard road to travel but I did. Alone. I was afraid because I didn't know how to be single. Especially with a child. I wanted a family and was willing to settle in order to get it. But that was nowhere near healthy. For me or Avi. I remember crying once asking God how was I gonna raise a son alone. I didn't know the first thing about being a man. [I'd been a girl/woman my whole life]. One day Avi asked me to demonstrate how boys stood up to go pee. I laughed because I realized God had a sense of humor. I struggled with being a single mom. More so because I worried what the world thought of me. It took a lot of strength, tears, lonely nights, and courage to be okay with being single. Nope. There's nothing wrong with it. I had to remind myself (and still do sometimes) that being single doesn't mean there's something wrong with ME. It means I know my worth and refuse to settle for anything or anyone less than what I deserve. It means that God is still writing my love story...

Truth: A woman's heart should be so lost in God that a man has to seek Him in order to find it.

No comments: